Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have had RLQ discomfort on & off for a few days. Today, I…

I have had RLQ...

I have had RLQ discomfort on & off for a few days. Today, I realized that the area is tender to touch. The area of topical tenderness was about the size of an orange. The tender area has increased in size as the day has gone on. I have a hx of Endometriosis (am now 61 & haven't had issues with it in years). I also deal with chronic constipation even tho I take Senna-S (2 daily) & Miralax almost daily. Also have tons of flatus. Ideas??

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

Just the pain & excess gas. No fever, rash, etc. I recently started Indocin 25mg TID (been on it for 2 weeks)

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

It was intermittent over the past 4-5 days. It's been pretty constant today. Haven't noticed any triggers up or down.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Mother w/hx of colon ca. My most recent colonoscopy was clear (2016). I deal with severe depression disorder. I smoke & am overweight. I have an extensive med/surg hx. Not sure what else would apply.

6/22/2018
Dr. Greg
Dr. Greg, Board Certified MD

Hello, My name is***** am a board certified physician, and would be happy to help you with your health concern. Please give me a few minutes to read, and respond to your question.

I'm sorry to hear that you have been experiencing RLQ abdominal pain. I'm most concerned about appendicitis. Especially given that your pain were intermittent, but have become constant today.

There are other potential causes such as mesenteric adenitis, severe constipation, gas, and ovarian cyst rupture (in women). I would recommend that you visit a local urgent care to be examined and tested. Please let me know if you have any additional thoughts, or questions.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
When you say urgent care, are you referring to ER?? Our urgent care facilities are closed for tonight. Thank you

Sure, you should go to the ER if there are no 24 hour urgent cares in your area. You're welcome and I hope that you feel better soon.

Dr. Greg
Dr. Greg, Board Certified MD