Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a question. Well my boyfriend and I have been TTC for…

Hello I have a...

Hello I have a question

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

Well my boyfriend and I have been TTC for a few months now

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

This month we had sex the day before I ovulated and the day after I ovulated (according the app I have)

Doctor's Assistant: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this? In general, how would you describe your overall health?

Yes it is my first time reaching out for information. I have been pregnant before and now have a very healthy 6 year old daughter. my general health is great but I was due for my period on Sunday (fathers day) but on Saturday I went to the bathroom and there was a little pink. (which is normally not normal for me seeing I don't ever spot before I actually get my period

6/20/2018
Dr. J
Dr. J, Board Certified MD

Hi there! Board-certified obgyn here.

How can I help you today?

You can ignore the request for phone call - that is automatically generated by the website, not by me.

I was due for my period on sunday (father’s day) but the day before Saturday i woke up went to the bathroom and there was light pink. (weird for me as i never spot the day before a period)

And what was the first day of your last period?

then sunday came and it was a brighter pink and never really got heavy like a normal period. As of yesterday afternoon there was next to nothing on my tampon or pad Yesterday and this morning (both in the morning only) i have had really watery diarrhea and literally nothing since then but still feel nauseous throughout the day

What was the first day of your last period?
Have you taken a home pregnancy test yet?

no i haven’t. i have a 6 year old little girl and never experienced this with her. only had sore breasts with my daughter. So i was wondering if i should take a test? last month my period started on the 20th and lasted the full 5 days

At this point, if you're due for your period, I'd take a pregnancy test.

If your cycles are usually monthly, I'd expect a home pregnancy test to be positive, if you were pregnant.

If you're not pregnant, you might just be having an irregular cycle - after all, anything that affects our hormones can in turn affect our cycles. That includes stress, how much we're sleeping, what we're eating, etc.

my diet or anything hasn’t changed at all. My breasts a few days prior to being due for my period hurt like hell but now nothing. I was having bright pink bleeding the day i was due for my period which was the past sunday the 17th and it never got heavy like my normal periods. i’m on a very regular monthly schedule
is it normal to have watery diarrhea in early pregnancy just in the morning and nothing else all day other than the weird stomach twisting feeling and nausea?

Yes...even early pregnancy can cause symptoms. But PMS can cause similar symptoms too, and no two cycles are alike. I'd probably start with a pregnancy test.

i’ve never had diarrhea with my periods. and ok i will start with that.
thank you

You are most welcome. I do wish you all the best of luck!

If you are satisfied with the response received, please leave a rating by clicking the stars above, and I thank you.

Dr. J
Dr. J, Board Certified MD