Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a Lumbar spine MRI, and found cyst @ 3.5 cm on my…

I have a Lumbar...

I have a Lumbar spine MRI, and found cyst @ 3.5 cm on my kidney or adrenalin and need an ultrasound, I am so scared

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you dealt with the cyst? Have you experienced this in the past?

My dr order an MRI last week due to pins and needles/ tingling on my legs and feet, I have just learn it today, what is it? I am super scared

Doctor's Assistant: When was your last pap test or pelvic exam? Any irregular results from past exams?

All were normal from past exams

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have high cholesterol, but is maintained by meds and acid reflux and recently have diagnose with vertigo and peripheral neuropathy

6/20/2018
Edgar Rubio Villegas

Hello, I´m Dr. Rubio

Welcome a JustAnswer and thank you for your question.

Please give me a minute to review your question.

how old are you?

Dear *****ient, kidney cysts are considered benign as long as they are cysts and they are occasional findings since they do not generate symptoms, but the treatment of the cysts will depend on the disorders evidenced at the renal level, that is to say, if they alter the function of the kidney or if they grow,
If the cyst does not grow, it should not be alarmed; if the cyst does not grow, it should be considered as a protocol to perform a biopsy, in order to decide on the behavior that is probably to remove it, but 90% of the renal cysts have an excellent prognosis since they do not affect the function of the kidneys.
Therefore I suggest you not to be alarmed but to follow up with your doctor.

If you have any query, please feel free to ask. I hope this information will be helpful.

Your satisfaction is my goal. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen so that I can get the credit for helping you.

I wish you a speedy recovery.

Regards.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am 60 y/o.. it really worries me, they were saying it is on the adrenal gland or kidney, prior to these order ordered lots of blood work for my neuropathy and all were normal, they even check the electrolytes level and all and also have brain mri due to dizziness and were normal

all the tests mentioned above represent a good prognosis since they are not altered, but it should be clearly defined if the cyst is renal or adrenal so you should consider performing a renal ultrasound to confirm them or a renal CT scan.
I understand your distress, but these entities are most likely benign.

Do you have any other question?

If you have any query, please feel free to ask. I hope this information will be helpful.Your satisfaction is my goal. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen so that I can get the credit for helping you.I wish you a speedy recovery.Regards.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The symptoms i have is numbness and tingling sensations on my legs and feet and they diagnose me with peripheral neuropathy but my GP order the Lumbar MRI.. is that a symptom of cyst of kidney or adrenalin

these symptoms you are presenting are not symptoms that are related to the renal cyst, you should perform a urine test because if there is any alteration it will manifest in the urine or alterations on the hormones such as cortisol and aldosterone.
I, therefore, suggest that you do this as well as perform a precise location of the cyst using ultrasound, but the symptoms you have in your leg correspond to another disease that may be a nevious compression at the level of the lumbar spine.

any other question?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
One last question, i have issues with UTI in the past and it scare me more about the cyst, will have Ultrasound in 2 weeks.. i really appreciate your prompt response..thanks

urinary tract infections do not represent a pathology related to the cyst that, as long as they are not repeated, do not modify the prognosis, in their case you should not be alarmed by the infections in the past since they are not related to malignancy or as a result of the possible cyst.

I hope this information will be helpful.

I wish you a speedy recovery.

Regards.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have repetitive bouts of UTI last year but this year is ok

the kidney cyst may make you more prone to infection but it is not dangerous.

any other doubts?

I hope this information will be helpful. Your satisfaction is my goal. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen so that I can get the credit for helping you. I wish you a speedy recovery. Regards.
Edgar Rubio Villegas
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks you very much.. you’ve been so helpful.. felt little bit relax.. i am satisfied..w
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How can i rate this conversation?

you're welcome.