Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Im just wondering if this is serious or not, should i go to…

Im just wondering if this...
Im just wondering if this is serious or not, should i go to the er or not? Have you used any medication for this? Customer: just ibuprofen, my head has been hurting for 6 days . at first it started in my forehead , then like something squeezing my head andnow the pain is going down my neck and the back of my neck feels hot, i have pcos and take medformin, i used to have hypertension but that stopped once i got my hormones under control with the metformin
6/20/2018
Edgar Rubio Villegas

Hello, I´m Dr. Rubio

Welcome a JustAnswer and thank you for your question.

Please give me a minute to review your question.

How old are you?
have you had a fever?
has a stiff neck?
on the pain scale from 1 to 10 how does a headache qualify?

Have you only taken ibuprofen or tried Tylenol?

im 22 , i felt like i had a fever but i didnt check my temperature, i dont have a stiff neck but i feel like my heads too heavy for my neck at the moment , its around 6 or 7 im very uncomfortable and ibuprofen only

Please, allow me a moment while I write your answer.

If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger.

I appreciate the waiting time.

Dear friend, in this case, unfortunately, you must go to the emergency room because your symptoms have been very intense and persistent.
In your case, an infectious viral process that has not improved, and has generated the persistence of a headache caused by dehydration, and loss of nutrients generated by this type of infection, also any a headache that does not improve after 3 days should be studied.
In your case, I suggest you drink plenty of fluids, eat well, and start with Tylenol every 8 hours in a continuous way but you should go to the emergency room as you should have a complete examination of your condition and request a blood test.
Once these studies have been performed, the following treatment may be suggested for headache and probable viral infection

Do you have any question?

If you have any query, please feel free to ask. I hope this information will be helpful.

Your satisfaction is my goal. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen so that I can get the credit for helping you.

I wish you a speedy recovery.

Regards.

i have one more question , is there any way that a pinched nerve in c3 can cause this kind of issue?
just asking because i have a pinched nerve from years ago and sometimes i know that certain nerves can cause certain issues , for example the reason that my neck is hot ?

can cause the problem as long as you perform an activity that can trigger the pain e.g. lifting a weight, being in a bad position for long hours like being in front of your computer, or driving a vehicle and stress.
But it can also worsen symptoms of migraine headaches due to stress, and muscle aches from viral infections in the neck.
But by being a young person, it is not established as a single cause.

Edgar Rubio Villegas
okay will go to ER for further eval, thank you

you're welcome