Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My 18 year old son has a cold and is pretty congested. Last…

My 18 year old son...
My 18 year old son has a cold and is pretty congested. Last evening he was sitting on the couch and was coughing pretty hard when all of the sudden he complained of a painful headache around the circumference of his head but must painful in the back of his head. It lasted only a minute or so. He did not have dizziness or faint and resumed normal activities not long after. Today he is working and said he is feeling fine.My question is what could have caused it and is this something to be concerned about?Thank You
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/19/2018
Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor

This is Dr. Shah and am reviewing your question now.

I will respond to your question or request additional information shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Headache is very common during head and neck infection including the cold and sinuses. The way you describe, it was just a temporary reaction due to violent coughing and it subsided as expected. This is quite common and nothing to worry about. You can expect him to recover as usual within a week. In the mean time, he can take rest, drink adequate water, and use OTC meds as needed.

Please let me know if I can answer any other question for you.

Please leave a positive rating by selecting 5 stars on the top of your screen so that I can get the credit for my time with you.

Regards,

Dr. Shah

Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor
Thank you very much! I appreciate your quick response.

You are welcome!

Thanks for visiting justanswer.