Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I was in a car accident today. All my scans came back fine,

Customer Question
I was in a...

I was in a car accident today. All my scans came back fine, but they said I had low potassium, and gave a potassium drink. Since I finished it I have not been able to keep anything down. I just don't know if I should see someone or not given the accident. I was hit on my side by a driver doing 60, and my car flipped in case you need information on the accident.

Doctor's Assistant: What are your symptoms? Have you used any medication for this?

I am sore from the accident. I have a headache and I am very nauseous. I have thrown up 4 times in 2 hours, from even sips of water, or saltines

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about vomiting?

No that's what I am wondering if I should do or just make an appointment with my doctor?

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Medical
6/19/2018
Doctor: Dr Su S, Doctor(MD) replied 2 months ago
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

Is the headache increasing?

Did they prescribe any other medicine?

Hello again,
I was waiting for your reply.
I am very sorry for your symptoms.
Potassium drink can irritate the stomach and cause nausea and vomiting.
It can cause much vomiting.
However, headache, vomiting can be from head injury too.
If you can not retain anything with increasing headache, I would advise to take an examination in ER again.
You can try Antacid like Mylanta.
It can reduce the irritation of stomach & nausea.
If you feel better, you can see doctor in the morning.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards.