Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Consultant Pediatrician at Kanchi Kamakoti CHILDS Trust Hospital
101124971

My ANA is positive SED. rate 23, rheumatoid factor 19.6, CRP

My ANA is positive SED. rate 23, rheumatoid factor 19.6, CRP 0.2, slightly anaemic, my Dr says I don't have all the RA markers. She gave me plaquenil but it gave me mouth ulcers. The only meds she gave me was relafin.
JA: When were you prescribed Plaquenil? How severe were any side effects?
Customer: I only took it for a month in April, because of the mouth ulcers
JA: Have you seen a doctor about the ulcers?
Customer: Yes my primary care gave me magic mouth to use and it helped.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have had high cholesterol,l, a heart attack, ,gerd, hypertension, hyperparathroidism, BPPV and the rheumatologist has diagnosed me with inflammatory polyarthropathy.and not RA.
Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 13 years of experience in the field of Health Care at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
Hi... Thank you for sharing the clinical history.
Please Express what your health concern is, so that I can proceed with History taking and guide you better.
Best regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Concerned why Dr. has not diagnosed me with RA since I seem to have some symptoms but not all markers. Should I see another DR.? I am in pain in both hands and feet, have gotten dizzy in April, had an eye infection, a bladder infection and tired all the time.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No
Hello, the premium request of phone call was a system generated prompt and was not initiated by me. I am sorry for the inconvenience. I would be glad to continue here please.
Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
Hello... I understand your concern.I need some more information please.1. May I know your age and gender please?
2. Since how long have you had this joint pains and what are all the joints affected (I mean small joints of fingers or large weight-bearing joints like ankles and knees)?
3. Do you have chronic or recurrent fever?
4. Is there any intermittent rash over the body especially torso?
5. How long have you had this Vertigo?
6. Can you upload all the investigations which you have in hand currently and the most recent ones please?
7. Was DS DNA tested?
8. Is there any family history of autoimmune disorders?
9. When you had mouth ulcers did you have any genital or perianal ulceration also?
10. Do you feel dryness in the eyes and oral cavity?Please get back to me with the above information so that I can guide you better.Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am a 71 yr old female. All the sysmtoms began in Dec 2017 with an eye infection seen by***** with various eye drops and ended up with steroids and antibiotics. I then got a bladder infection in Jan. saw my Primary Dr. who did blood work and recommended a rheumatologist. Saw her in March and prescribed mobic. It started in my right hand , (all fingers and l foot. By the end of march the pain became intense. she then gave me pain meds. My sed rate fluctuated from 26. to 16 to 23, then 10 on 6-4- 2018. I was then prescribed plaqunil in April took it for a month then got ulcers in mouth only. No rashes anywhere.. Saw my Primary DR who gave me magic mouth to use. Saw the rummy Dr and she took me off plaquenil and put me on reafin. I have both dry mouth and eye.
The vertigo started in April, saw and ENT Dr. who says the crystals in ear are off. I now am in physical therapy for the hands feet knee and the dizziness. No family history of autoimmune disease. No fever
Cannot wear any o my previous shoes, have to have a very soft shoe. Cannot do much walking feet hurt so bad. Cannot op jars, bottles, fingers lock sometime when holding things,dropping things, pain when driving, holding heavy items, turning knobs etc. . Very disgusted with what has happened to my body so fast in the last six months. Should I see another a rheumatolagist?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Relafin was the med.sorry for the misspelled words. Hard typing with the pain
Hi...from your symptom analysis and correlating it with the history that I gathered from you, I feel the possibilities are -
1. Rheumatoid arthritis.
2. Bechets disease
3. Sjogrens syndromeYou need further work up with anti ds DNA, HLA B5, anti Ro and anti La markers.I firmly believe you need 2nd opinion from another rheumatologist please." I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Here is a chart that I made to take to my cardiologist when I go next week.
Hi...I don't think you need a cardiologist.With CRP being consistently negative inspite you being symptomatic, another differential diagnosis adds up here and that is SLE (apart from the above three which I have already mentioned).I am happy that my interaction was helpful for you and put your mind at ease. In future you can opt me as your favorite medical expert so that you can ask me a question directly. I will be happy to help anytime.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Seeing my cardiologist is for my yearly checkup for I have had a heart attack in the past. Thanks for your help.
.
Ok... you are welcome.!!