Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I still have mouth pain after stopping the antibiotics for…

I still have mouth pain...
I still have mouth pain after stopping the antibiotics for my Lymes meningitis. It has been more than a month. Is it possible that I have Burning Mouth Syndrome. I could use buspar and/or Wellbutrin to help with psychological stress. I'm trying to keep it simple for security reasons. Neurontin and Advil help, and a EMS device on my upper shoulder. And cool drinks. What should I do?
6/15/2018
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 13 years of experience in the field of Health Care at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Hi... Can you upload here and image of your oral cavity with mouth wide open and tongue protruding out taken without flash.
Try to take it facing the light as you are not going to use the flash in the camera.
Best regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
I can, but everything looks fine, I lightly brush my teeth and gargle with warm salt water. I had the dark tongue symptom which went away. I have security concerns that include food safety. I think so someone created a grocery item infused with antibiotics. It's very wasteful. I'm trying to get bed rest and not get too clean, I have a great immune system. I'm Chinook biologically, raised in non native American places. I'm native to northern Finland, and Burma. There was a baby stolen several generations ago. He found his way, but I'm not white. I'm impervious to all toxins, which I guess does not include this side effect. I think a tribal requirement is that I don't miss a half day of work. So I'm fine. I met their chiefs son at Hamilton college in 1987. He's a bioterrorism expert. Anyway, it's a global tribe and very diverse looking and they get displaced and do heroic actions that save the day. Languages are very important, and cryptic pregnancies are the norm. Let me get that photo.
Here it is, my teeth are a little discolored. I have a lot of dental work. Crowns. Almost all of the molars. Gradually done. The front teeth feel stronger and appear smaller, more elegent. My smile looks like Tiger woods, or Prince William. I like identifying myself with a pretty face and a distinct awkward smile. I worry about identity theft.
Hi... I do not think that there is anything for you to worry about your oral cavity.
There is no oral Thrush or any other mucosal inflammation or redness.
As a clinician and Healthcare professional I can assure you hundred percent that your oral cavity is completely normal and I do not see anything that can cause pain.But if you are still having pain I suggest you consult a dental surgeon for a direct examination."If you need more help, please reply to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, your 5-star rating (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort) at this time is greatly appreciated".
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD
I think it will improve in time. I can't leave my house unattended right now. My security concerns also include attacks against my guard companion dogs. I'm going to try prilosec to help with reflux that might be irritating my mouth, I don't have an upset stomach, but it might be a stress reaction. I used a EMS device on my upper back and lower neck and flat warts develped. I used to have an IQ of 160. I'm not sure how a Lyme s meningitis lowers cognitive function, but it's probably layers of growth in the brain vesicles and meninges. I think my parietal lobe area of my brain rewired a bit, but getting too much sun, being heartbroken, drinking alcohol without exercising too can get in the way of very good cognitive function. You need 135 for medical school, and I didn't quite have that. 120 is pretty good ��. I don't have school in my future. I need to manage my finances and stay alive and uninjured.

Hi..I am happy that my interaction was helpful for you and put your mind at ease. In future you can opt me as your favorite medical expert so that you can ask me a question directly. I will be happy to help anytime.

If my teeth are compromised enough so you think an oral surgeon would do a dental implant surgery to replace them? I would like to avoid pain. I think my mother had all her teeth replaced. With very neutral identical ones.I'm going to a walk in clinic at a hospital tomorrow. And a dentist next week. I think four by four dental implants and some reconstruction of necessary. And some IV antibiotics for my Lyme encephalitis symptoms.
Hi... Antibiotics are not required for your lyme disease right now.
Replacement of teeth is the purview of the dental surgeon and he / she will do what is required for you and what is best for you.
But antibiotics might be prescribed post procedure to decrease the chance of any infection and sometimes prior also.
Is it difficult to recover from tooth replacement. Will I need a hospital stay. I don't want tooth drilling and decay to worry about in the future. I don't want to get grabbed and tortured. Or, I have security concerns and I don't want to worry. Do I need to have the same big smile or can they fine it down. I look like Tiger woods or Prince William. I would rather blend in and look a little more normal and pretty. I would also like to see my neck from the front. I like my structure, but I attract men who are famous, and I said no because of my regular looks.

It is unlikely that you will be hospitalized please.

Are you available to speak on the phone.
Okay, I think many places around here do dental inplants, I think I want to do it at a hospital here. Do you really leave with a new set of teeth and temporary teeth that work until the new permanent ones can be put in. I assume the bone needs to heal, and it takes many months. Do gums form around the prosthetics easily. It just looks awful and frightening. Four by four dental implants is what I'm looking at for replacement of compromised teeth, mostly crowns. Do they prescribe good pain medications. I have a lot of experience with neurontin/gabapentin. But actual painkillers would be nice... And for anxiety.
Phone call session started

Happy to help anytime and happy to attend phone call requests on your health care concerns.