Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am on Mylan birth control and took the first three weeks…

Customer Question
Hi I am on...

Hi I am on Mylan birth control and took the first three weeks on time and never missed i took the first three pills on the last week and then didn't take the last ones because i heard they were inactive then i started taking that active pills on time sunday and then tuesday night had sex put he pulled out what are the chances I'm pregnant

Doctor's Assistant: Are you using any contraceptives? When did your last period begin?

Just birth control and with drawing and last before was a week and half ago

Doctor's Assistant: When was your last pap test, and what were the results? Any swelling, discoloration, or unusual smells?

No it was a month ago normla normal

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Medical
6/11/2018
Doctor: Dr. Greg, Board Certified MD replied 2 months ago
Dr. Greg
Dr. Greg, Board Certified MD

Hello, My name is***** am a board certified physician, and would be happy to help you with your health concern. Please give me a few minutes to read, and respond to your question.

Thanks for your question. Fortunately, your risk for pregnancy is very low given that you have taken the active pills on time. The inactive pills do not prevent pregnancy. Therefore, skipping them is not harmful. If you missed any of the active pills, you can take the morning-after pill (Plan B) to make sure you don't get pregnant. Please let me know if you have any thoughts or questions.