Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Does the Embrace detect petit mal seizures or just grand…

Does the Embrace detect...

Does the Embrace detect petit mal seizures or just grand mals?

Doctor's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

I'll have to wait until my daughter who wears the

Doctor's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

We are new to the system and trying to learn about it. It told my daughter you had sent notices to me ( the Caregiver) and I either did not get it or did not recognize itl I've been with her over the period of time indicated and she definitely did not have a grand mal but very well could have had petit mals - one indication mentioned was in the middle of the night.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

One other thing - Can I be away from her more than 30 feet and still get a message ? Can I travel?

6/12/2018
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** am US trained, Board Certified with 30 years of patient experience. Please allow me a moment to review your question.

Sorry for my delayed response. Yes, the Embrace SmartWatch is designed to detect Petite Mal Seizures (Absence Seizures). You need to wear this device, not just keep it near you. You can travel with this device. May I assume you are being treated with medication? You should continue to take your medication and discuss this device's use with your doctor.

I hope I have addressed your concerns. Have I?

Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have.

I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned your 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you.

Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Dr. Stan: I’m her daughter & im the one affected. I have an inoperable brain tumor that governs my non-epileptic seizures & it is thought that I’ve 1) had them since I was a child & 2) that they are getting progressively worse. I do have a neurologist (among other doctors), have let them know about my (recent) acquisition of this device and that we are still learning how to use it. I have advised all of my physicians that I have the Empatica and we will see how it goes from there. Thank you for answering my mother’s question in a timely manner & have a good day.

You are welcome.