Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I may sound uneducated regarding this but please can you let…

I may sound uneducated...

I may sound uneducated regarding this but please can you let me know if a person can get hiv/aids from a dog/animal who licks a wound on someone’s leg and calves from its saliva, blood, semen and other body fluids?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had blood? Have you used any medication for it?

No blood running or coming out of wound as it’s a crusty scab now but even if it wasn’t crusty and open with no blood?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about the wound?

No just a minor cut from a metal draw and have put ointment on it and it was way before dog licked wound

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No that’s it as I’m just worried

Answered in 1 minute by:
6/10/2018
Dr. A
Dr. A, Board Certified MD

Hi, my name is***** and I will try to assist you today.

There is no way that you can contract HIV this way as dogs/animals do not carry the HIV virus. I hope that helps.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

I would greatly appreciate it if you could give me a 5-star rating by clicking on the stars at the top of the page. We can continue to speak even after you rate if you would like. Thanks!

Ok so not from dog blood or saliva or semen or other fluids then right ? Because they don’t carry it at all ,

That is correct. Not from dogs at all.

Thanks very much

My pleasure!

Please do not forget to rate 5-stars so that I can get credit for my service today. Thanks!

Dr. A
Dr. A, Board Certified MD