Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I seem to have a knotted/lump feeling under my left collar…

I seem to have...

I seem to have a knotted/lump feeling under my left collar bone I experience no pain and have had this for 2 weeks

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the lump? Have you used any medication for it?

2 weeks no medication other than vitamins and coloidal silver

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about the lump?

Yes and he just said that your body is not symmetrical and I could have blood tests if I wanted I'm not sure if a blood test would show anything though I went to the doctor initially about pressure headaches which have gone away now

Doctor's Assistant: The reason for these questions is to help the doctor help you, but if you'd prefer to wait until getting connected, I understand. Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not really other than I have been experiencing a lot of anxiety

6/10/2018
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 13 years of experience in the field of Health Care at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Hello... I understand your concern.I need some more information please.1. May I know your age and gender please?
2. Is the lump visible under your left collarbone and if it is so, can you upload an image for me to have a look at the lump please?
3. Is that lump just a knotted feeling or are you really having any discomfort or pain or tenderness while moving your left hand?
4. Has there been any recent loss of appetite or significant weight loss?
5. Are you having any lump in your chest (if you are a male) or breast (if you are a female) please on the left side?
6. Are you running any recurrent or intermittent fever in these two weeks?
7. Is there any skin discoloration over the lump?Please get back to me with the above information so that I can guide you better.Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
Hi there, For the past two weeks I have experienced a hardened area under my left collarbone. I got my doctor to feel it but he did not seem concerned but it sometimes feels hot and with a poking sensation in the back and I'm would like a second opinion.37 male
the lump is visible
I have experienced loss of appetite and weight loss I believe. It's just a knot feeling. I had pressure on the right side of my head two weeks ago which is why I initially went to the doctor. I had been experiencing a lot of anxiety and tiredness and maybe a mild fever but nothing like that since then. It does feel like a lump on the left side of my chest.
Hi... Thank you for getting back with the requested necessary information and the images.There seems to be a visible swelling at the costochondral junction on the left side.From your symptom analysis and correlating it with the history that I have gathered from you I put forth this possibilities -
1. Costochondritis and most probably post viral which is very common.
But the good thing is that this is a self limiting problem and it will eventually settle by itself.
If you are having uncomfortable feeling you can have tablet Ibuprofen 400 MG three times a day only if there is excessive discomfort as this will reduce the inflammation and swelling.2. The second possibility is in lipoma which is appearing just now and this too need not be worried about unless for aesthetic reasons.
3. The third possibility is a fibroma or fibrous tissue knot which is probably due to a result of previous unknown trauma to the area which you might have even forgotten because it could have given been a very trivial injury.I suggest that currently you do not require any investigations for this.
Blood tests are definitely not indicated as they are not going to throw light upon what it is.But in another two weeks if it does not reducing size or if it is causing severe pain or tenderness or else if there is drastic increase in size then probably you will require a CT Thorax imaging to determine what this is.But 99% I feel that with Ibuprofen itself this will settle down as I feel that it could just be a costochondritis which is post viral." I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
Thank you very much for your response. I will follow your advice and see how it is in a few weeks.
Hi..I am happy that my interaction was helpful for you and put your mind at ease. In future you can opt me as your favorite medical expert so that you can ask me a question directly. I will be happy to help anytime.
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD
Thank you, ***** *****!