Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

What kind of memories would we always have memories of?

Hi,what kind of memories would...
Hi,what kind of memories would we always have memories of?
Can anyone help Me?
6/10/2018
Dr. RK
Dr. RK, Doctor

Dear customer,

Please ellaborate your question in detail.

what you want to know about memories?

Hello thank you for responding are you online now?

Dear customer,

Please ask your question in detail.

thank you

Is it possible to forget an event of killing another person...i have a fear that I have and forgotton...my mind tells me I previously knew and the last time i thought about this murder was in May of 2008??? I can't remember killing anyone!!

Dear customer,

what is your age/sex?

Did you have any other loss in memory?

Did you consult a doctor yet?

Do you take any drugs/medications?

I'm female 33...no memory loss..i have obsessive compulsive disorder.
Medication clompraime

Dear customer,

Thank you for the information.

The long term memory is usually last to go even with old age and memory loss.So it is rare to have a loss in long term memory unless there is some trauma to brain( emotional/physical) causing the damage to the area of the brain involved in memory.

Since you are having obessive compulsive disorder and you are being treated for it.If that incident is related to your condition then slowly you will tend to forget that incident when you are getting allright mentally.You should not worry if that is the case and consult your psychiatrist/mental health specialist for the same.

Let me know if you have any doubt.

Please rate me positive if you are satisfied with my service.

Thank you

Thank you Doctor,I have never had any trauma...so doctor I would remember such an event.

Dear customer,

Yes, if a person is having a long term memory then it is rare and last to go even in old age as mentioned above.The incident is a long term memory for you and is likely to be remembered by you.

Let me know if you have any doubt.

Thank you

Thank you doctor for all your Help,May I know for future reference are you a nerogolost

Dear customer,

Yes you may add my profile to your favourites for the future references as well.

I am a Licensed Physician.

Let me know if you have any doubt.

Thank you

Thank you doctor.

Dear customer,

You are welcome!

Thank you

Dr. RK
Dr. RK, Doctor
Dr,I'm so sorry but could you elaborate on the following If that incident is related to your condition then slowly you will tend to forget that incident when you are getting allright mentally.

Dear customer,

Some incidents in life give mental trauma to the person which causes post-traumatic stress disorders(PTSD). The person is not able to do his day to day activities and have frequent flashing of the past event/incident.

This condition needs to be treated with psychotherapy, behaviour therapy along with the medications and family support so that he/she can come out of the situation.Once he is gets allright then he/she tends to forget that incident with time and becomes a normal person again.

Let me know if you need any more information.

Thank you

I understand but I don't relate to an event/situation...its just a thought.

Dear customer,

If it is a false thought that is delusion then it will goo away with time by the use of proper family support, behaviour therapy along with the use of drugs.The real incident like this is a long term memory and a person remembers for long such incidents even at later age.

Let me know if you have any doubt

Thank you

Thank you doctor take care.
Thank you,
You are welcome