Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a general feeling of not feeling well for the past…

I have a general feeling...
I have a general feeling of not feeling well for the past 3.5 months. Long story short i had a condom break with a high risk partner 3.5 months ago and since have been facing a bunch of small ailments that i think are signs to a bigger problem. Symptoms include, penile discharge which a urologist diagnosed as prostatitis (and in which 6 weeks of antibiotics minimally helped). Gastro problems that started with diarrhea then went to looser stools, and is now just small stools and alot of bloating and also clay colored throughout this whole time (overall just not the stools im used to). FATIGUE, and lack of focus. That particularly has been the biggest issue for me. Enlarged papillae in the back of my tongue. Starting a month after ive had slight eye pain similar to that of having a cold but its continued this whole time. Excessive eye crust every single morning. Burning in my left foot particularly and tingling in my other foot plus hands. ALL of these symptoms started after the exposure, and i have been tested for every STD since and have been clear for everything except herpes (i dont know if it is HSV1 or HSV2). I dont know where to go and how to treat any of this. i genuinely dont feel like this is coincidental. The one thing i have realized that inflammation seems to be a possible cause of most of these symptoms. Now i want to figure out what could possibly be causing the inflammation throughout my body if this happens to be the under lying problem. I want to know an experts thoughts on my theory and what i should look for.
6/10/2018
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 13 years of experience in the field of Health Care at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Hello... I understand your concern.I need some more information please.1. May I know your age please?
2. Are you having any whitish exudate on the tongue papillae and the back of throat?
3. Can you upload an image of the throat and tongue with tongue protruding out taken without flash?
4. Did you have any recurrent or chronic fever in these 3 and half months?
5. Are you having any tonsillar swelling?
6. Are you having any swelling in the neck region or in your armpits or groins?
7. Is there any loss of appetite or significant weight loss?
8. You said all the screens have been rolled out may I know when you did this screening test? What I mean is after how many days of exposure you did these screening tests to rule out STDs?
9. Any particular reason why Herpes test was not done?
10. Are you having any generalized body pains or malaise?Please get back to me with the above information so that I can guide you better.Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
1. I am 21
2.No Exudate
3.Uploaded, let me know if you need a better picture. I am also uploading a pic of another bump in my mouth
4.Ive had several small fevers in this time
5. Ive had a few sore throats
6. Neck has been extremely stiff which i associate with swelling
7.There was weight loss in first 2 months of exposure, but has since for the last month cooled down and i am back to gaining weight
8.My last test for everything was 11weeks, 77 days post exposure. i was tested several times in between for everything. The Hiv test i did was a 4th generation test, which i did everytime i got tested, about 4-5 times. Ive never been tested for Hep B because ive been vaccinated for it.
9. Herpes test was done but not the test to differentiate the two because my PC did not feel the need to. They did not even want to do the initial test until i asked several times.
10.The generalized pains and malaise are the neck pains, the burning in feet and tingling in hands, the occasional pain at the tip of my penis and the reoccurring hot feeling in penis. also the tingling feeling inside. Also occasional tingling near anus. headaches. A cut on the corner of mouth for no reason. and slight eye pain, especially when i move them too much, this has been consistent through the 3 months.

Hi...Thank you for getting back with the requested necessary information and the images.

The images of your throat and oral cavity are perfectly normal.

From your symptom analysis and correlating it with the history that I have gathered from you - I feel that you are experiencing a chronic viral illness and the most common one would be mononucleosis (EBV).

I do not think you have any STD or immunodeficiency.

This is not Herpes either.

My suggestions for you would be -

1. Get yourself tested for EBV with a blood test - WBV VCA IgM.

2. It is a self limiting disorder. Symptomatic treatment with as and when required Ibuprofen 40mg thrice a day would suffice for occasional fevers and body pains.

3. Salt gargling thrice a day will help.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".

If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -

https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800

Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD
I will get it checked out! thank you very much doctor

Hi..I am happy that my interaction was helpful for you and put your mind at ease. In future you can opt me as your favorite medical expert so that you can ask me a question directly. I will be happy to help anytime.