Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I'm a male 58 in good health, been doing daily work outs for…

I'm a male 58...

I'm a male 58 in good health, been doing daily work outs for years and not over doing any. I was just at my work out and became dizzy and went blind for 10 minutes, the staff helped and said likely dehydraded, I sip water every 10 minutes and had a large breakfast some 2 hrs prior. Sign returned after 10 minutes - first just a few black spots then slow improvement, 1 hr later just sore with a stiff sholder, your recommendations would be welcome, never had semilar blindness spell, yet 30 yrs ago brain surgery did have 3 days of blindness.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the spots? Have you used any medication for it?

Only a few minutes then sight began to return, that was an hr ago.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about the spots?

No just got home, no problem now.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

This did occur, after 2 minutes in a vertical tanning booth, shame on me!

6/8/2018
Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Physician / Surgeon

Hello -

You should certainly bring this up with your doctor.

Issues with vision could be related to dehydration and having very low blood pressure (with low blood flow to the brain), but you would want to make sure this was not a result of a "TIA", or a "mini-stroke", where there could have been impaired blood flow to the brain temporarily from a blood clot.

Your doctor will want to evaluate you and perhaps get further testing of the blood vessels in the neck, as well as look at your heart rhythm, and check blood pressure, and perhaps (giveny your history of previous brain surgery), a MRI of the brain.

Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Physician / Surgeon
Been in fine shape the past 10 yrs, bmi 19. two check ups in nov and feb both received an "a". Yet had brochitis in march - never smoked, had to go to ER - missed 2 weeks work - they did MRI and numerous test, seemed to be in much better shape lately, very likely temp low blood or dehydration.