Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have started the medication Lyrica yesterday and this

I have started the...

I have started the medication Lyrica yesterday and this morning. I am feeling very tired and weak. the pharmacy paper said angioedema is a side effect. Is what I am feeling angioedema?

Doctor's Assistant: When were you prescribed Lyrica? How severe were any side effects?

It was prescribe Wednesday but I filled it Thursday of this week. I am very weak to the point of sleeping until 12 noon.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about the tiredness?

I use to feel tired from other medicines I was taking but changed them and I have been very alert. I have never felt this way. I was prescribed Lyrica for the nerve damage pain I have due to several accidents I have been in over the last 15 years.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have had low blood pressure most of my life and vertigo was a problem in the past

Answered in 1 minute by:
6/8/2018

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

Thank you. I'll be waiting

This isn't angioedema which is more of an allergic reaction with hives and swelling

But this is a common side effect when one starts Lyrica

Usually it stops after about three days of being on that medication

Please let me know if you need any more information

Thank you. The information is sufficient.

My pleasure and call on me anytime

Please click on the 5 star excellent rating icon so I can get credit for my time with you

thanks