Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Think I may be having another one of my moments, as I'm

Hey I think I may...
Hey I think I may be having another one of my moments, as I'm beginning to call them. For the past couple days my left knee has been a little painful but is getting better.
Last evening the muscle right above my knee sore to the touch a little bit but wasn't that severe and didn't last very long. I noticed it a couple times today as well. My mind of course racist to some terrible disease like ALS it just needs some perspective from you thanks
I should add that there is no weakness in that area that I'm aware of
6/7/2018

Moments? I'd call them extended periods

Any swelling or redness?

LOL I think you're right. I was doing pretty good for a while. No there is no swelling or redness. Not twitching now

ALS simply doesn't present like that--muscle weakness and numbness but not pain and tenderness

At most this is a pulled muscle and nothing at all serious

Okay so the twitching is nothing to worry about then?

No--all this was way too short for it to have anything to do with ALS

ok, thanks. I've heard that muscle twitching only when it corresponds to weakness is of concern. Is that overall correct?

Yes--exactly

thanks

From mission control in Houston--over and out

Again kind of crazy question but how would I know if I had a weakness in my knee?
What would I not be able to do?

Hard time getting out of a chair or walking up stairs would be a good sign

Appreciate your help

ten four back door