Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I fell by my unground spa this morning. Fall was violent and…

I fell by my...

I fell by my unground spa this morning. Fall was violent and scared me badly. My leg crashed into spa rim on the shin bone. Immediately swelled to size of half baseball...as large as my knee. Immediately packed in ice for hours. Minor pain. I’m on baby aspirin blood thinner. There was no bleeding. Swelling has gone down 80%...no pain. Do I have risk of a blood clot?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been using aspirin? Has it helped at all?

I’ve been on it for years for PVD

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about blood?

I have specialists I see regularly. My Cardiologist keeps track and I exercise regularly.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have minor neuropathy...seeing neurologist. Blood flow ok. Monitored

Answered in 1 minute by:
6/7/2018

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer or further information request.

You are not at the risk of blood clot.

Injuries do not predispose to the blood clot. Long immobilization carries the risk of it. So try to remain active as much as possible according to your pain.

Also, you are on aspirin which prevents the blood clot.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

The pvd and neuropathy are not a threat?

No. Both of these diseases do not increase the risk.

It is privilege assisting you.

Thank you! A friend scared me saying I was at risk. I didn’t think so but didn’t want to worry. Thank you!

Nothing to worry, please.

You are very welcome.

Wishing you a speedy resolution.

" I sincerely hope that I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

“I really enjoyed working with you – please feel free to add me as your favorite and come back anytime to ask another question.”

I am very impressed with his immediate response and assuring calm but professional response. He is definitely an asset to this site.

Thanks a lot for your kind words.

I really appreciate taking time to add comments.

I wish you all the very best in life.