Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have edema in both feet, more so on the right one from a…

I have edema in...

I have edema in both feet, more so on the right one from a massive amount of bug bites I got over the weekend in the Ocala National Forest. They are not going down and are quite painful. I took 2 Benadryl tablets last night, but with no relief.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

3 days and only not wearing shoes helps, but does not really relieve lthe pain. The swelling has not subsided.Theres a red rash on top and on the sides.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I do have allergies as well as asthma which I treat with inhalers every day.

6/6/2018
Dr. Greg
Dr. Greg, Board Certified MD

Hello, My name is***** am a board certified physician, and would be happy to help you with your health concern. Please give me a few minutes to read, and respond to your question.

I'm sorry to hear that you have been suffering from painful insect bites on your legs. Your description of the bites and the appearance of the legs makes me most concerned about an infection. In fact, insect bites can sometimes take bacteria from the surface of the skin and push that bacteria to the deeper layers of skin where the bacteria can cause an infection. Usually, the evidence of this occurs when the leg becomes increasingly painful, red, hot to the touch, etc. If you are having these symptoms, I would strongly recommend that you be seen by a doctor to be examined and treated. Please let me know if I can answer any additional questions for you.

Dr. Greg
Dr. Greg, Board Certified MD