Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

How does this work? Sore under arms and on side of ribs,

How does this work? ...

How does this work?

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

Sore under arms and on side of ribs, been to 5 doctors, all say is nothing, had cbc with auto differential ran all came back normal,

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

6to 8 months

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

When I stay inside the weekend it gets better

Is anyone there?
6/6/2018
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD

Hello...I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani. I am so sorry for the long wait, but I have just now come online and will be happy to help you now. I am currently reviewing your question and will be back in a moment.

Kind regards – Dr. Sumanth Amperayani

Hello... I understand your concern.I need some more information please.1. May I know your age and gender please?
2. As it has been 8 months since this pain started I would like to ask if this started after any chronic or intermittent fever?
3. Are you having any swelling of lymph nodes in the arm pits or in the neck region?
4. Does exercise or movements make the pain worse?
5. In this 8 months has there been any significant weight loss or loss of appetite?
6. Does laughing or coughing induce pain on both sides of the ribs?
7. Have you taken a chest X-ray in the recent past after these symptoms started?
8. Are you anaemic or having easy fatigability?
9. Has there been any chronic or intermittent fever in these 8 months?
10. Has there been any contact with any tuberculosis patient within these past 2 years?Please get back to me with the above information so that I can guide you better.Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
45 make, no fever, very little swelling in lymph nodes, you cannot see them, Dr palpated and said he felt very small swelling. Laughing does not hurt, bending over does at times, no X-rays , I do get fatigued easily at times, other times not.no contact with tuberculosis
Hi... If getting rest at weekends is making it better then usually it should not be a serious lot of pain
Most likely it could be a muscle related or ligament related by which is getting better with some rest.
The best way out for you will be to go ahead with a physiotherapy and exercises pointing towards latissimus dorsi muscle along with the intercostal muscles for which breathing exercises will definitely be of help.
Apart from this with the pain is really bothering you and disturbing your daily activities you can take Ibuprofen 400mg as and when required up to a maximum of 3 doses per day.But if you start losing weight are your lymph nodes start enlarging or if you are anemic then an xray of chest will be warranted along with physical examination please." I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
I haven’t lost any weight.
I will inquire about a chest X-ray.
I have had recent X-rays of my spine for chiropractic care, would those show anything about my chest?
Hi... That is a very good sign that you have not lost any weight.
That is the exact reason why I am also telling you that you need not worry about anything serious and it just seems to be a muscle or ligament issue.
X ray spine sometimes if exposed in the chest part might show details of the chest. But it can be an antero-posterior view or a lateral view.
It all depends upon in which angle they have taken your spine X Ray.
If you have the X-ray image with you then I would like to have a look at it if you can upload it here.
Best regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
I’m not sure that I can upload them, they are actual film.
Then do you have a report of the radiologist's interpretation of the X-ray.... Upload the report if you have one please.
I might add that I have terrible allergies and carry an inhaler most the time. Chronic sinus infections.
I will see what I can find.
Cobblestone throat is an ongoing issue as well, post nasal drip. Could a inflamed throat cause this pain and hurting nodes?
Hyperreactive Airway disease or asthma can cause this type of pain in both sides of the chest but it should be only and you are having a serious asthmatic attack with fast breathing.But pain like that cannot go on like this for 8 months.The upper respiratory infection part (either viral or bacterial) might be causing this cobblestone appearance of the throat and recurrent pharyngitis.But even this is not attributable to the bilateral flank pain.
I see what your saying

"If you need more help, please reply to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, your 5-star rating (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort) at this time is greatly appreciated".

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

I will give you a five star rating for sure,would you say a chest X-ray would be a good starting place?
Chest x-ray would rule out any lung or bony pathologies which are serious enough to cause such long standing pain and would also dileniate any soft tissue swellings please.That's the reason I asked for a chest X-ray.Best regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD
Thank you

Hi..I am happy that my interaction was helpful for you and put your mind at ease. In future you can opt me as your favorite medical expert so that you can ask me a question directly. I will be happy to help anytime.