Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

I feel like the glands in my neck are tight and I have a

Hi i feel like the glands in my neck are tight and I have a little bit of pain (not severe) it comes and goes and has been happening for a few months should I get this checked out further.
JA: How long have you been dealing with the neck pain? Are you experiencing any numbness or tingling?
Customer: No. I have had tingling in my hands but since taking B12 supplements it has stopped.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have just recently had a hysterectomy and am in my 3rd week of recovery but I had the weird feeling in my neck before the op.

Dear customer,

Thank you for the question.

Are you feeling an abnormal swelling in the neck? Where do you have the pain in the neck?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No there is no swelling its just a random pain (tight feeling) which seems to be worse at night. The Pain is on the right side of the neck and also in the shoulder blade area.

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

This neck pain is likely caused by a minor neck sprain or is related to a bad body posture especially when sleeping. A recent change in pillow may also be a possible cause. Minor neck sprains can cause such pain, with slight swelling, stiffness, and restricted range of motion of the neck (tight feeling). This will resolve in a few weeks by itself. You can do gentle stretching exercises of the neck and this may help it heal faster. This does not require any immediate check-up by your doctor and you can wait for a few weeks. If after a month you still have these symptoms then you should consult your doctor.

Take care.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.
Please rate the answer with 5-stars, by clicking the 5-stars above with your mouse (or with your finger on a mobile device).
It will be very generous of you to also consider a bonus.
Thank you!

Dear customer,
Thank you!