Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Consultant Pediatrician at Kanchi Kamakoti CHILDS Trust Hospital
101124971

I have regular vomiting - once a week. often projectile. I

i have regular vomiting - once a week. often projectile. I cannot pin it down to any particular foods - seems random but I think my level of stress is also a factor
JA: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?
Customer: no, normal appetitie, - it sometime starts with a pain in my upper chest and sometime heartburn and then once I vomit I am fine
JA: Have you ever dealt with this before? Are you having any shortness of breath?
Customer: this has been happening for a year but gotten more frequent. no shortness of breath and blood pressure was normal on my last test a few weeks ago
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have a hiatus hernia - just recently diagnosed and on nexium

Hello...I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani. I am so sorry for the long wait, but I have just now come online and will be happy to help you now. I am currently reviewing your question and will be back in a moment.

Kind regards – Dr. Sumanth Amperayani

Hi... I am sorry for your symptoms.But these are classical symptoms associated with hiatus hernia and gastroesophageal Reflux.I am not trying to brush your symptoms are side but as a physician I have to tell you that patients with hiatus hernia will have vomiting three to four times daily which will not let them eat and their appetite would also have gone down.You are not having such major symptoms.You are having vomiting only once a week and the two after vomiting you are feeling better and you have mentioned that your appetite also is normal.Nexium is a very good drug for this and as your symptoms are very very mild I would agree with your physician who has prescribed this particular drug that you just need to be patient and it will gradually settle down.But at the same time I would also recommend that if the frequency of the vomiting increases then it would be better you be on regular antiemetic medication like domperidone which is a prescription drug.But as of now I do not see any need for it and I feel that with nexium you will get better as your symptoms are very mild.Only one Lifestyle modification is that please try to take less spicy food and timely food and make food free from caffeine and cocoa.
Better to avoid coffee and tea and drink more of cold milk buttermilk and take lots of curd.This Lifestyle modifications will go a long way in improving your symptoms." I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani