Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I had some form of meningitis when i was 3 or 4. I did not…

I had some form...

I had some form of meningitis when i was 3 or 4. I did not have any problems as a result of it but wanted to know if it was likely i had type B. Both my step sister and I had it. Hers centered mainly on her brain She died about 30 years later. Is it congenital?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

No. I dont have it now. I was 3 when i had it

6/2/2018
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 13 years of experience in the field of Health Care at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Hi... Vaccination with haemophilus influenzae type b was started 25 years ago.
From then on the incidence has been consistently reducing and it is almost negligible now in the Western world.
But as you say that as a 3-4 year old kid you had it, it should be possible to find out if it is really haemophilus influenzae type b only by review in the old medical records of the hospital.Even know some sporadic cases of haemophilus influenzae meningitis do occur, but they are nontypable strains which are not included in the vaccine.I am extremely sorry to say that currently there is no way to find out whether you had type b or not unless you have access to the medical records done and unless they have documented well in your case record.It is hundred percent not congenital and you need not be worried about it at all.As you are neurologically completely normal now you can be 100% rest assured that you do not have any problems or complications because of here early childhood meningitis." I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD