Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Have had a persistent headache for 2 weeks. Started out as…

Customer Question
Have had a persistent...

Have had a persistent headache for 2 weeks. Started out as mild but is getting worse as it stays with me all day and is keeping me awake at night. Not responding to aspirin or other OTC. Shall I be worried? No other symptoms other than being a bit nauseous however not all of the time.

Doctor's Assistant: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?

I've had it daily. Seems to be a little better when I wake in the morning but quickly comes back. Nausea sometimes.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I've been healthy overall. During pregnancy had gestational diabetes. I am now 54.

Submitted: 23 days ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/1/2018
Doctor: Dr. Mark, Physician / Surgeon replied 23 days ago
Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Physician / Surgeon

Hello -

Have you had headaches like this in the past?

Any other issues, such as tingling / weakness / speech problems?

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
no other issues other than nausea. I have not had headaches like this in the past.
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I cannot talk on the phone while in my office.

OK.

Given the length of your headache -- I would discuss with your doctor to get some imaging of the head performed.

While most of the time this may turn out normal -- it is worth getting, as you do not have these types of headaches in the past, and the length of the headache is generally out of the window of "normal" headaches (like migraines, which can last 2-3 days at the most).

So, please discuss with your doctor and get imaging of the head performed. MRI is better than a CT, but a CT is quicker and will rule out all of the important things (tumors, bleeding, stroke).

Best of luck.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!