Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a potassium pill stuck in my throat. I am 82 years…

I have a potassium...

I have a potassium pill stuck in my throat. I am 82 years old and have bad memory problems because of mini-strokes in my brain !

Doctor's Assistant: How severe is this?

Have a potassium pill stuck in my throat. I am 82 years old and have bad memory problems because of mini-strokes in my brain ! At any rate, I just want to be sure I won't be harmed !! Thank you !!!!

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Heart and cholesteral problems for many years !

Answered in 1 minute by:
6/1/2018
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

When did it happen?

Do you feel any symptom now?

Did you take anything to relieve it?

30 minutes ago

I am very sorry for your symptoms.
The pill may cause irritation of the esophagus.
It can cause burning sensation in the chest.
You can try to take something which can stick & carry it down.
You can take banana, white bread.
Please try to drink fluid like plain water.
It would have a soothing effect.
Liquid antacid can also give relief.
If you still feel any symptom, I would advise to get an examination by doctor.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
If you are happy with my answer please click on the Excellent/Good rating.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards.

Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)