Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have tightness in my lower abdominal area and have

Customer Question
Hi I have tightness...

Hi I have tightness in my lower abdominal area and have countinued to have a 11 days period I am 20 this has never been and issue

Doctor's Assistant: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?

It kind hurts when I push inward but other that cramps it’s about a 2 and pretty normal usually 4-5 days

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Um my nexplanon just went past it’s expiration date

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Medical
How long will this take
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/1/2018
Doctor: Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor replied 2 months ago
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Did you have regular periods while on the Nexplanon? With normal blood flow?

How much are you bleeding now? 2 pads a day? or more? or less?

Do you have any problem with passing urine - burning, pain etc?

3 tampons and just peeing alot

Your symptoms suggest that you have developed a urinary tract infection.

Please drink plenty of fluids. You can also take Motrin or Aleve to decrease the feeling of tightness and also to decrease any inflammation in the bladder or urethra.

Please consult a doctor for a urine test and antibiotics.

I hope this helps.
Let me know if you need more information.
If not, please click on a positive rating (5 stars) to leave feedback.
Thank you.

Went to my physician I tested negative on a uti and was told it was my hormones returning to normal from my birth control

Hormones returning to normal would not cause tightness of the abdomen or increased peeing. These are symptoms of an UTI. Although you tested negative for an UTI, you do need to take measures to control the inflammation - drink at least 8 glasses of fluids daily and take an anti-inflammatory like Motrin. You can also drink cranberry juice - 1 cup daily. Very effective in UTI.

I hope this helps.
Thank you.