Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Muscle soreness above left hip. Idk what you mean. Possible…

Customer Question
Muscle soreness above left...

Muscle soreness above left hip

Doctor's Assistant: Is the condition chronic, or acute?

Idk what you mean

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Possible endometriosis

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Medical
6/1/2018
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 2 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer or further information request.

What is your age?

Since when is the soreness?

Was it precipitated by an injury or any unusual activity?

Is there tenderness?

Are your hip and back movements painful and restricted?

38
Almost two weeks
No
No and no
It feels like muscle soreness but I’ve done nothing to hurt it or stress it in an unusual way before it started. It’s immediately above the left hip and hurts when I first stand but after a few steps I’m usually good. I exercise a minimum of 4 days a week and it’s the same exercises I’ve been doing since 2017

Thanks for the additional information. I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 4-5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

Your symptoms can be due to;

Hip Osteoarthritis or hip strain.

Lumbar spondylosis

Or Both.

Ideally, an MRI should be done to ascertain the cause.

This will tell, what are the tissues involved (which can be):

1) Muscles

2) Joint

3) Ligament

4) Tendon

5) Bursa

6) cartilage

7) Or any combination.

The mainstay of the treatment though is not very different and is;

a) Physical therapy

b) Deep electrotherapy

c) Acupuncture

d) Local analgesic cream

e) Pool therapy/hydrotherapy.

f) Analgesics

g) Lidocaine cream

h) Capsaicin cream.

i) Ice compresses

You may consult;

1) Orthopedics

2) MD in physical medicine and rehabilitation.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

I received an email saying you needed more details. I do not see a request for details, just a long-winded “go to the doctor” which is a complete waste of my money to come here and be told that.

I wrote you the answer, almost 13-14 hours ago.

Were you able to see the answer?

I do now. It was not showing on my end initially. Thank you.

Unfortunately many times these threads do not update automatically due to some technical errors and have to refresh the page.

Let me know if you were satisfied with the interaction or you have some follow up questions.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5-star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Stay blessed.