Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have popping in my wrist its tender and a little swollen.

Customer Question
I have popping in...

Doctor's Assistant: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?

About a week. no injuries. when it pops it really hurts.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Medical
5/31/2018
Doctor: Edgar Rubio Villegas, Doctor replied 2 months ago
Edgar Rubio Villegas

Hello, I´m Dr. Rubio

Welcome a JustAnswer and thank you for your question.

Please give me a minute to review your question.

have you made any effort?

how old are you?

I'm 47.
I would just like to know what would cause this

ok,

Please, allow me a moment while I write your answer.

If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger.

I appreciate the waiting time.

Dear *****ient, the main causes of wrist pain at your age are degenerative diseases first and foremost as a consequence of physical exhaustion and exertion during life.
The causes are osteoarthritis of the wrist, tendonitis of the wrist, all of which are injuries caused by overuse.
With the years the muscles of the wrist and forearm become weaker, and the wrist depends on these mucus structures for stability when they weaken the wrist is unstable and inflammation begins.
Other less common injuries are lesions of the articular cartilage of the wrist called triangular fibrocartilage,
but the treatment is to strengthen the muscles of the wrist and forearm with physiotherapy, an X-ray and analgesic such as Ibuprofen. avoid lifting weights with that hand

If you have any query, please feel free to ask. I hope this information will be helpful.

Your satisfaction is my goal. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen so that I can get the credit for helping you.

I wish you a speedy recovery.

Regards.

Any question?