Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Sudden pain, tenderness and swelling in groin on right side.

Customer Question
Sudden pain, tenderness and...

Sudden pain, tenderness and swelling in groin on right side

Doctor's Assistant: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?

It just started today, as did my period, no injuries,

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I did have like a cut or something on/near perineum last week

Submitted: 19 days ago.Category: Medical
5/31/2018
Doctor: Dr Su S, Doctor(MD) replied 19 days ago
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

How old are you?

How large is the swelling?

Can you send picture?

How is the condition of cut in the perineum now?
Do you have any other symptom?
Any other past illness?
Did you consult doctor or have any test?
Did you take any medicine?
I shall answer your question soon after I get those information.
Thank you.

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
31, about marble sized under the skin, perineum is fine now, nothing other than my period, I have not contacted dr as it only just happened about an hour or 2 ago, no meds
Customer reply replied 19 days ago
I don't see anything just feel it

Please wait, I am writing your answer.

Thank you for the input.
I am very sorry for your symptoms.
The painful swelling can be an enlarged inflamed lymph node.
It can be due to previous cut injury in the perineum.
The other possibility can be boil or folliculitis.
You can now apply warm moist compress over it.
You can soak a towel or gauze in warm water.
Then you can compress it over the bump.
That would aid in healing.
If it grows larger, I would advise to get it checked by doctor.
Oral antibiotics or prescription grade ointment can be needed.
For pain, anti inflammatory analgesic like Motrin can help.
Please take it after food.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards.