Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I started to run a fever two days ago, I still have a sore…

Customer Question
I started to run...

I started to run a fever two days ago, I still have a sore throat and keep coughing, this morning I woke up and checked my mouth and noticed little white heads on the back of my throat. I usually don’t check my mouth when I’m sick so I’m not sure if this is normal or not? Please help.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the symptoms? Do you have a fever?

I had a fever two days ago, yesterday and this morning my throat is still sore and I have a cough

Submitted: 20 days ago.Category: Medical
5/31/2018
Doctor: Dr Su S, Doctor(MD) replied 20 days ago
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

How old are you? Male/ Female?
Can you send a picture?
Do you have any other symptom?
Any other past illness?
Did you consult doctor or have any test?
Did you take any medicine?

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
It’s just like every other flu I’ve had. I have no other past illnesses. I did share drinks with people this weekend. I have not gone to the doctor and I’ve been taking Advil and the sore throat spray

Please wait.
I am writing the answer.

Thank you for the input.
I am very sorry for your symptoms.
The symptoms might have started as a viral infection.
Sometimes, there can be a bacterial infection after a viral one.
The points can be from a bacterial infections.
I would advise to take an examination by doctor.
A throat swab, blood work can be tested.
Ibuprofen or tylenol can be taken.
Please take plenty of fluid.
Have adequate rest.
You can do warm salt,water gargling.
1/2 tsf salt in 8 oz. of warm water would be good.
Please keep the room warm & humidified.
You can have one humidifier on.
I hope all these measures would give relief.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards.

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
Could it be mono?

Do you have enlarged glands in the neck?

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
They’re definitely bigger than usual

Mono usually causes a coating on tonsil but heads or points are more common with strep.

Lymph glands can be enlarged in both.

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
Thanks a lot!

You are always welcome.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you.
If you are happy with my answers please do not forget to leave a 5 star rating before signing out.
You can see the rating button on the upper left corner.
Without positive rating I will not get the credit for helping you today.
You can ask question on the topic after rating.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards