Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have pharyngitis and every time I get it I get nausea and…

Customer Question
I have pharyngitis and...

I have pharyngitis and every time I get it I get nausea and heartburn for days. What can I take ? I suffer from GERD occasionally

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

Sore throat, and sick feeling in top of my stomach

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the symptoms? Do you have a fever?

No fever, for over 24 hrs now

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Just GERD and indigestion now and then

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Medical
5/31/2018
Doctor: Dr.Anil, Doctor replied 2 months ago
Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board-certified consultant with over 30 years of experience. I’m reviewing your question and reply you soon.

Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

Are you taking any medications?

Bloating, flatulence?

Pain abdomen?

Phlegm at the back of the throat?

Waiting for your response.
Thanks

A little phlegm mainly in throat and upper chest
Where’s my response. I want my money back

Sorry for late reply and inconvenience.

Thanks for all these additional information.

I understand your concern.

Well as you describe, it sounds post nasal drip which can be associated with Pharyngitis, sinusitis and Laryngopharyngeal acid reflux.

You should take some self-care measures until you see your doctor.

Take OTC Prilosec empty stomach and Zantac after meals at bedtime.

Do steam inhalation and saline gargles.
You should take the nasal saline spray and OTC Nasonex spray.
You should take Ibuprofen and Nyquil/Claritin.
You should hydrate yourself with warm liquids.
You should start a multivitamin supplement and vitamin C lozenges.
Take OTC Robitussin DM for a cough.
Elevate your head while lying down.
If your symptoms will persist then see your doctor for further evaluation and management.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s requested to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks.