Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have been having some strange symptoms in my groin and…

Customer Question
Hi i have been...

Hi i have been having some strange symptoms in my groin and right leg for several months. have seen several docs, but all tests come up negative/normal. was hoping to see if i could get pointed in the right direction here

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

No swelling that i can tell. lots of movement/use can set it off been experiencing the symptoms for about 4 months now

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have ulceritive colitis

Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: Medical
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I have nerve pain/sensitivity in my right leg/thigh from the hip down (only right leg). I also have soreness in the area between my anus and scrotum with a frequent feeling of "dribbling" and have to use the bathroom. Symptoms began in leg, but have progressed and have been feeling the groin pain for the past month or so.
5/31/2018
Doctor: Dr. Pravin, Physician replied 25 days ago
Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Physician

Hello

Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.

My name is***** and being a Medicine specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.

Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .

Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:

Do you have any of lower backache?

do you have any history of spine issues ?

Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
no lower back pain - just tightness from slight curvature. lumbar MRI didn't reveal anything according to neurologist

Thank you very much for your reply

Have you tried physiotherapy for this condition ?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
ive seen a chiropractor for the past 2 months with no results

What medications have you taken to stop the pain ?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
none. i just deal with it or move around to alleviate
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
26 y/o caucasian male by the way

did the chiropractor do any form of physiotherapy ?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
what do you mean by physiotherapy? he does adjustments, and do some in house exercises, but dont focus on the hip/leg. Just overall spinal wellness

Yes by physiotherapy I mean exercises along with some machine based treatments called Transepidermal Thermal Nerve Stimulation to improve the stress on the nerves which is causing your pain .

Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS or TNS) is the use of electric current produced by a device tostimulate the nerves for therapeutic purposes.

The TENS machine can be used for as long as desired, typically 30 minutes up to 2 hours, several times a day if needed.

Please do let me know if you have any further queries.