Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have been spiking a fever religiously every four hours and…

Customer Question
I have been spiking...

I have been spiking a fever religiously every four hours and taking ibuprofen. I have a migraine, dizziness, ear pain, body aches, chills and hot sweats.

Doctor's Assistant: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?

Constant headache even with ibuprofen. Mild occasional nausea. No vomiting. No diarrhea.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Hidradentis suprativa which I was on Humira for up until 2 months ago when I lost my insurance.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Medical
5/30/2018
Doctor: Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor replied 2 months ago

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

How long has this been going on?

Fever has been since monday. And I forgot to mention that I also have had really bad lower back pain for about a week. Just started to have some pain when urinating this evening.
My 8 month old daughter has the stomach bug since Saturday which I assumed was most likely what I was getting but had no development of vomiting or diarrhea.

There are a few things here--

Part of this could be the flu

But with the fever and the back pain and the urination pain you might have a kidney infection

I think you need to see your doctor for an exam, blood work, urinalysis and most likely you're going to need a course of oral antibiotics for this

Please let me know if you need any more information

Thank you

My pleasure and call on me anytime

Please click on the 5 star excellent rating icon so i can get credit for my time with you