Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I recently quit my use of marijuana, I've been using it for…

Customer Question
Hi I recently quit...

Hi I recently quit my use of marijuana, I've been using it for 4-5 months and I've been one month sober, within this month I've been noticing withdrawal symptoms and they can sometimes me overbearing, I drink a lot of water and exercise just to try to take it all out of my system but like I said it can be over bearing so I just wanted to ask how can I get over these withdrawals from marijuana?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

No I haven't because I have no insurance so I've been detoxing at home and I don't take any medications I only take B-12 vitamins.

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

I don't take any medications and I don't have allergies

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No not really

Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: Medical
5/30/2018
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 26 days ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

how old are you?

are you male or female?

what symptoms are you having?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I'm 19, I'm a female, and I'm experiencing anxiety, headaches, sadness sometimes and a tingly feeling in my toes.

those would not be withdraw symptoms from medical marijuana

do you have excessive anxiety symptoms? or anxiety disorder?

medical marijuana can help treat anxiety symptoms.

when you stop marijuana, your anxiety symptoms may get worse if you have excessive anxiety symptoms

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
No I don't have a disorder it just happened when I quit using marijuana

how long have you been using marijuana?

you should see a doctor and see if you have excessive anxiety symptoms.

stopping marijuana would not cause anxiety symptoms and headaches and sadness.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I used it for like 4-5 months

you never had anxiety symptoms, headaches, sadness symptoms before you used marijuana?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
No i haven't

the extercise can cause old THC to come out of fat storage from your use over 4-5 months which can sometimes lead to symptoms.

it may take more than 1 month to get over it

you can also stop exercising and see if that helps. stopping exercise could help decrease release of THC out of your fat cells

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Ok I appreciate the insight doctor

you are welcome

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 Stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down see the ratings area)
You can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com