Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Actually yes. Is this confidential. I have pain in the back…

Customer Question
Actually yes Doctor's Assistant:...

Actually yes

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

Is this confidential

Doctor's Assistant: We keep all your personally identifiable information confidential and even have people that double check to make sure something doesn't slip through. Your question goes out to the Doctor and then gets published with the answer to help others with similar problems.

I have pain in the back of both my testicals

Doctor's Assistant: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

Constant dull pain

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I had unprotected sex about 10 weeks ago. I went to doctor and they said it might be epididimitis, but usually that only brings pain into one testical.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/30/2018
Doctor: Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor replied 2 months ago

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

Were you given antibiotics for this?

doxycycline for 10 days

OK

What exactly is your question about this?

im worried that it could be chlamydia
but i never showed any symptoms
but i read online that that is not too uncommon to not show any symptoms

Even if it were the doxycycline would have covered it so I see no reason to worry

it started about a week ago, right after i masterbated a few times in a row and i thought i might've just hurt them or something. now i feel the pain especially after i orgasm
would a 10 day prescription of 100mg twice a day be sufficient
how common is it for it to show up 2 months after sex and have with epididimitits
how common is it for it to cause pain in both, instead of the normal of just one testical

Chlamydia can cause epididymitis but a ten day course of doxycycline would still cover it

And you can get it in both testicles

what are other causes of epididimitis, is it possible for it to be caused from something else
i am visiting a girl who i would have sex with in 3 days so
can excessive masterbation cause a tube to get clogged or infected

Gonorrhea can also cause it

But excessive masturbation can cause testicle pain too

is there such thing as an instant chlamyidia test
where i could get results back within a day
how common is it for chlaymidia for not show any symptoms for 2 months

Either a urine or a urethral swab test would take about two days for results

But in a man it would be very rare to have chlamydia without any symptoms

i had a standard urine test and it showed no leukocytes
but no chlymidia test
that rules out uti but can it rule out chlymidai

I'm not sure exactly what your concern is at this point?

because i am seeing my girlfriend in 3 days and i need to know if i can have sex or if i could possibly give her an stink

Yes you can have sex with her

If you had chlamydia it was covered with the doxycycline