Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a few things really that are probably all

Customer Question
Hi i have a...

Hi i have a few things really that are probably all interlinked. I have seen my GP about it yesterday but my follow ups and scans and blood tests are WEEKS away and im worrying myself going over google

Doctor's Assistant: Is this a time sensitive issue? What type of specimen are they testing?

The thing i am most concerned about is a lump in my throat it looks like an adams apple its not huge but big enough to see. The GP said its not on my thyroid its atthe front of my lypmh nodes covering my trachea? i also was bulimic for around ten years which only stopped when i became pregnant via IVF and have since given birth (he is 6 months old now healthy and very happy). I do get night sweats but i also think i have trouble breathing and when i worry about that it gets worse and i end up being awake all night

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I visited the GP as i want to sort everything out and give my son the best chance at life and i worry that i won't be around for him mother died of breast cancer

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Medical
5/30/2018
Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 2 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

How old are you?

35 nearly 36. Thank you Dr Phil

Do you have a picture of the lump?

Unfortunately Im an accountant and desk bound all day and would rather the whole office didn't hear my problems, thanks anyway though
I can do one , one moment

no problem

Let me know if you need anymore - I'm not a great photographer! Its like the size of (and feels like) a ganglion - I have a ganglion on my hand and it feels the same a little ball that you can move around.

A few points

1)This is a very hard exam on the doctor's part. To distinguish between a thyroid nodule and a lymph node in this area is virtually impossible

2)you have symptoms of thyroid disease

I would recommend at the very least a thyroid blood test and preferably an ultrasound as well.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).

We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Hi - the GP felt it and said it wasnt in my thyroid so has referred me for an ultrasound she thinks its on my lypmh node over the top of the trachea
i just worry what it can be if its on the lymph node.
coming from someone who has been bulimic for a long time, coupled with just having a baby

If it is a lymph node it is probably just inflammation/scarring from your prior issue

Thanks for this question
I strive for 5 star service for all customers.

If you have more questions, just reply :)