Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I accidentally poured too much water into my mouth so it out…

Customer Question
I accidentally poured too much...
I accidentally poured too much water into my mouth so spit it out by accident and it got all over my phone cord that was plugged into the wall. Is it possible I could have gotten electrocuted when the water was pouring out of my mouth and onto the cord?
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/30/2018
Doctor: Onlinedoc, Doctor replied 2 months ago
Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, Doctor

Hello and thanks for your question.
It's my first priority to help you.
I'm reviewing your question now & will post back with the reply soon.

I’m nervous because there was so much water in my mouth that part of the stream of water was in my mouth and the other part ran over the cord at the same time
I feel like my tongue is a little sore but idk if that’s just from like anxiety or just a coincidence or what
Hello?

Sorry for late reply and inconvenience.
Thanks for the follow-up.
I understand your concern.
As per your description, chances of electrocuted from spilling water on intact phone wire are very slim if the wire is not broken.

You should do oral antiseptic rinse if you feel your tongue is sore.

And maintain a good hydration.

Take vitamin C lozenges and cepacol lozenges.
"I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today!
Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).
We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Yeah I don’t think the cord is broken but very nervous as to shock or electtocutionnso nervous that I can’t sleep now!
I feel very nauseous too

Thank you for replying back.

I give you an assurance that if the cord was not broken then you shouldn't worry.

You can try Over the counter Liquid Emetrol for nausea.

Maintain a good hydration with Gatorade.

Take 1mg of Melatonin for anxiety and sleep. ( available over the counter.)

I hope this answers your question. If you would like to discuss this further or have any additional questions, please reply to my answer and I will get right back to you.
Please avoid poor/bad rating.
Please leave positive rating by clicking 5 stars above the chat box if you are satisfied with our conversation.
Waiting for your reply.

Looking closely with a flashlight there are some “worn” markings on the cord. I can’t see physical wires under the plastic casing on the cord but I see some worn markings. Am I still ok then? Very nervous. How would I know if I had been shocked?

Do you have any sore on the tongue?

No. Major open sores that I can see but I do have tender spots and some redness and a bunch of raised little bumps
It’s more in the sides of my tonifgr than in the top of my tongue
I was also wearing g shoes I think when this happened
If that matters at all...I’m pretty sure I had some shoes on but may not have

Please upload a photo of your tongue.

Attached

I have seen your photos.

And there is no sign of any burn from electrocution after spilling water on the phone wire.

Just try such remedies.

And you will be OK.

Don't worry.

Please avoid poor/bad rating.
Waiting for your reply.