Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am shaky all the time. I matter how much I eat? What could…

Customer Question
I am shaky all...

I am shaky all the time. I matter how much I eat? What could be wrong? Should I get help now or can it wait

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

No I weigh 109 I am 5 4 I am on thyroid meds could it be my thyroid?

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

Thyroid, sinemet CR, amitriptilene an occasional sleep med

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I am thin and stressed out donto a divorce not getting enough sleep.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Medical
5/30/2018
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 2 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer or further information request.

Since how long is your this weight?

Do you have loss of appetite, night sweats, recent weight loss, fever, dizziness, period abnormalities, stress, anxiety or depression?

What is your age?

No and I am 63 and have been at this weight for 6 months

Thanks for the additional information. I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 4-5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

Following are the possibilities of the diagnosis for your symptoms;

1) Side effects/Adverse effects of your medications.

2) Thyroid improper control; a new investigation called as reverse T3, apart from TSH and free T3, Free T4 are the investigations to be considered.

3) Other hormonal assessment with the metabolic panel and blood counts.

These should be able to take care of your symptoms.

Meanwhile, a high-calorie healthy diet may help you as follows;

1) One may take the dietary supplement, but one needs a balanced diet more. Help oneself to nuts and dairy products.

2) Add pistachios to the diet. Make them his evening munchies, as they help lower risk of heart disease. Other snack ideas include whole wheat or multi-grain bread/ soy sticks with hummus or peanut butter. Opt for salsa dips as they are high on fiber and very healthy. Increase liquid intake

3) A small glass of wine before evening meal will help appreciate food a whole lot more. Also, avoid drinking water before meals and in between meals,

4) Choose food with nutritional calories and increase intake of starchy foods like potatoes. Avoid junk food.

Eat plenty of healthy fats. Eat egg yolks, chicken, fish, coconut oil, and other healthy fats. Increase caloric. So those bananas count well here.

Whole eggs: loaded with protein, vitamins A, D, E and good cholesterol.

The vital fatty acids in tuna contain a host of healthy fats, which not only aid in weight gain but also help in maintaining physical well-being.

Whole wheat bread: accounts for approximately 69 calories per slice.

Peanut butter It gives approximately 192 calories plus it is extra high in protein.

Energy bars - It is loaded with good-for-you nuts and oats. One bowl packs around 500 calories.

Cheese - One serving of cheddar cheese packs a good 69 calories. Cheese is concentrated in milk, so it is high in protein and calcium, fat, cholesterol and cheese calories.

Oil - choose olive oil, canola oil, etc. which is good for health and will add those much-needed calories too.

Banana - One banana contains approximately 100 calories. Bananas are rich in carbs and nutritious.

Oats: A bowl of oatmeal is the perfect nutritious breakfast. It is high in fiber, and it also provides the body with vital nutrients.

Yogurt: The healthy fruit-flavored, fatless yogurt can give you as much as 118 calories.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5-star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Stay blessed.