Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Name is cologne I am a 51 year old woman I will give you a…

Customer Question
Hi my name is...

Hi my name is ***** ***** is Nancy cologne I am a 51 year old woman I will give you a brief history of my oldest about 13 years ago I fell down the steps and dislocated my tailbone I went to a chiropractor and she pushed it into place ever since then I've been suffering from chronic pain I have everything done from the back shots I had it they told me if I had a hysterectomy it would cure the pain so I did but the issue kept getting worse I have been on pain medicine but I got so frustrated got to stop taking it throughout the years I have everything done for physical therapy caudal block shots epidural and everything that I could possibly come up with now I'm dealing with another issue my colon is spasming and according to my doctor my hip went out of place so my colon dropped I sit here in pain I've lost my job I haven't been able to function I don't sleep for days I haven't been able to eat in 4 days the pain has gotten so bad I can't even walk the doctors are going to put me on ProAir HFA and I started getting worse it came out that I was getting a bad reaction and it was giving me back pain and joint pain so I had to stop taking it I'm sitting here and awful pain I'm so hungry cuz I can't eat I'm afraid that if I eat I will have to use the bathroom and it'll make my tailbone hurt and my colon hurt and I have nothing to ease the pain I'm looking for a doctor that can help me I'm in the United State in Ohio but I will go anywhere to find somebody who can help me my number is ***** three zero(###) ###-####thank you

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

Not that I know of

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Medical
5/30/2018
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 2 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer or further information request.

Is your pain, maximum on sitting or any other posture?

Do you have any vaginal discharge, urinary symptoms, constipation/diarrhea?

The pain is bad whether I sit or stand or lay down doesn't go away and it's very bad to the point where I can't sleep I don't eat I don't go out of my house I lost my job I just lay in bed in agony I've tried heating pads I've tried ice pack I've tried Advil Tylenol bareback I no longer do activities I don't go out of my house I stay in my house I'm always in bed I have not been able to function

Thanks Nancy, for the additional information. I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 4-5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

This pain can come from any or combination of following;

1) reproductive tract,

2) gastrointestinal system,

3) urological organs,

4) musculoskeletal system, and

5) psychoneurological system.

With your uncontrolled pain and analgesics not being very effective, I would consider a diagnosis of chronic regional pain syndrome (CRPS) and chronic pain. Following should be integrated into your management;

1) Physical therapy and occupational therapy plays an important role in functional restoration. The goal is to increase strength and flexibility gradually.

2) Recreational therapy; take part in pleasurable activities that help to decrease pain.

3) Vocational therapy; provide work capacities and targeted work hardening, and one may return to gainful employment.

4) Sympathetic blocks

5) Bier block (intravenous regional block)

6) Continuous epidural infusion

7) Spinal cord stimulator

8) Baclofen pump; Intrathecal infusion (Intrathecal bupivacaine infusion or Morphine pump are the other alternatives)

9) Sympathectomy; Surgical sympathectomy (Endoscopic cervicothoracic sympathectomy) or Chemical sympathectomy or Radiofrequency or cryoprobe lesioning should be considered.

10) Acupuncture

11) Relaxation techniques; associated with the above treatment.

12) Biofeedback training

You need to consult following specialists;

a) Pain management physician

b) MD in physical medicine and rehabilitation.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5-star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Stay blessed.