Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

What are the early signs of a heart attack? My health is…

Customer Question
What are the early...

What are the early signs of a heart attack?

Doctor's Assistant: Do you know if your family has a history of heart disease? In general, how would you describe your health lately?

My health is generally good. I am a diabetic and am experiencing pain in my back between my shoulder blades.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

My father and 5 of his brothers suffered heart attacks

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Medical
5/29/2018
Doctor: Edgar Rubio Villegas, Doctor replied 2 months ago
Edgar Rubio Villegas

Hello, I´m Dr. Rubio

Welcome a JustAnswer and thank you for your question.

Please give me a minute to review your question.

on a scale of 1 to 10 as you describe your pain?
difficulty breathing?

4

typical signs of a heart attack may be
tight chest pain, shortness of breath.
chest pain does not change with analgesia or changes in position.
dizziness.
vomiting, irradiation, pain in the upper limb
BUT, patients with diabetes may have variations in experiencing symptoms,
In your case, the pain between the shoulder blades may be an indirect sign of a heart attack. In fact, because of your history, it is necessary to go to the emergency room to perform the EKG, the intensity of the pain can be modified.

if you have not made any recent muscle exertion that explains this pain, you should go to the emergency room.

If you have any query, please feel free to ask. I hope this information will be helpful.

Your satisfaction is my goal. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen so that I can get the credit for helping you.

I wish you a speedy recovery.

Regards.

any question?