Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I just want to ask what is the cause of swollen feet pls?

Customer Question
Hi i just want...

Hi i just want to ask what is the cause of swollen feet pls ?

Doctor's Assistant: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?

Not me doc my boyfriend. Last month he had two times surgery for vowel obstraction

Submitted: 21 days ago.Category: Medical
5/29/2018
Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 21 days ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Hello!

My name is***** to JustAnswer.

I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily. Thank you for your patience.

Thanks

What is his age?

Is he on any medications?

Any other health or medical problems ?

Waiting for your reply…

Thanks

Thanks for staying online.

I am posting my answer below-

Well, this should not be left ignored, and he can start with seeing Internist (internal medicine specialist) for a complete evaluation.

It could occur with venous insufficiency. This occurs due to defect in valves of deep veins of the legs.

he should benefit from avoiding long periods of standing or walking, and keeping legs raised while lying down. Also, he should wear compression stockings (available at pharmacies) during the day.

Other possible causes are kidney impairment, liver disease, heart failure, allergy, autoimmune disease.
This can also occur due to electrolyte imbalance, neuropathy or thyroid disorder.

He should also get an echocardiogram test done to rule out heart disease. Blood and urine tests for kidney function should also be done. ANA test for autoimmune disease should be done.
If required, then color doppler ultrasound can also be done for diagnosis.

Usually, the diagnosis is reached with help of detailed medical history , clinical examination and few investigations.

He should be seen by a doctor, and get it clinically evaluated. He would be advised treatment according to the cause.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

May I help you further?

Do you need more help?

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh