Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My partner has symptoms of anemia and am wondering if there…

Customer Question
My partner has symptoms...

My partner has symptoms of anemia and am wondering if there is a way to test for the presence of blood in her stool at home.

Doctor's Assistant: Is this a time sensitive issue? What type of specimen are they testing?

No test has been asked for. she is still at home.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

She is a CKD patient peritoneal dialysis.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/28/2018
Doctor: Edgar Rubio Villegas, Doctor replied 2 months ago
Edgar Rubio Villegas

Hello, I´m Dr. Rubio

Welcome a JustAnswer and thank you for your question.

Please give me a minute to review your question.

Dear friend, in this house you should only see the coloring - the very dark black coloring of the stool indicates the presence of clotted blood, and the other cause is the possibility of seeing fresh blood or clots in the stool.
Unfortunately, they are the only two possible ways to detect blood in the stool.
The other forms are through microscopic analysis where the blood in the stool is evaluated in detail but these forms are through the laboratories.
There are no rapid home studies that can help evaluate blood loss from stool at home.

If you have any query, please feel free to ask. I hope this information will be helpful.

Your satisfaction is my goal. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen so that I can get the credit for helping you.

I wish you a speedy recovery.

Regards.