Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

How can I clear up chronic ear infections?

Customer Question
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Medical
5/28/2018
Doctor: Dr. A, Board Certified MD replied 2 months ago
Dr. A
Dr. A, Board Certified MD

Hi, my name is***** am an ENT physician and I will try to assist you today.

Please ignore all call requests as they are automated site triggers and not from me.

Do you have chronic middle ear or outer ear infections?

Do you have drainage from your ear? Pain in the ear? Ringing in the ear? Decrease in hearing?

I have all of this all the time.

Is it in one ear or both?

Have you seen an ENT and have they said you have an ear drum perforation? Have you had a CT scan?

My right eardrum has busted twice. They even tried tubes, nothing has worked.

OK, if you continue to have persistent drainage then you should have a CT scan. Depending on what the scan shows, you likely will require a surgery called a tympanomastoidectomy to help clear the chronic infection once and for all. You should see an otologist (ear specialist) for a closer look. Hope that helps.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

I would greatly appreciate it if you could give me a 5-star rating by clicking on the stars at the top of the page. We can continue to speak even after you rate if you would like. Thanks!