Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Got up this morning with tewrrible dizzy, head spinning and…

Customer Question
Got up this morning...

Got up this morning with tewrrible dizzy, head spinning and vomiting. 7 hrs later I'm still dizzy. can drink water and have crackers. I had this after surgery in Nov and it went away. only take blood pressure pills. don't smoke or drink. am 5ft 11in and about 265lbs. the weight is slowly coming down. 25lbs this year. better diet. I have sounds in my ears for years. sounds like water running with static. want to go see about this in morning, holidy and don't wanna use a hospital also broke out in a big sweet. that's gone now. any ideas and will it be okay to wait till morning?

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

20 mg Lisinopril, and allergic to penicilian

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

2 bouts of enchilitis (fever of the brain) when I was a child. last onr 1965 put me in hospital.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Medical
5/28/2018
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 2 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I am sorry about this

did you drink alcohol yesterday?

you may have a viral stomach infection like viral gastritis or food poisoning.

which can cause dizziness and vomiting.

if you didn't drink enough fluids yesterday or was in the sun yesterday, you may be severely dehydrated.

don't drink alcohol. do drink plenty of water and power aide. sure it wasn't the food., were carefull there. should go away on its own?? do I still need to go see my health care in the morning?

it may go away

you can try some pepto bismal and drinking gadorade or powerade today and see if your dizziness gets better.

I hope you don't continue to vomit

flat ginger ale could help

ginger tea

improving your diet

cutting out gluten, milk, sugar, pasta, white flour, bread, sodas could help you loose weight over the long term