Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have pain under my left breast for a few days now. It gets…

Customer Question
I have pain under...

I have pain under my left breast for a few days now. It gets worse at night. Now I have a rash that started. Its really itch.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

I have had it for the last 5 days now. Nothing seems to make it worse. It's a sharp pain and sometimes its burning pain. Also times its right. But when I go to bed its really uncomfortable.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Medical
5/28/2018
Doctor: Dr Su S, Doctor(MD) replied 2 months ago
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

How old are you?

How does the rash look like?
Do you have any other symptom?
Any other past illness?
Did you consult doctor or have any test?
Did you take any medicine?

Hi Dr. Su S, my name is***** am 49 yrs old. The rash is pink but the spots are red. It looks irritated. But really itchy. Also I have pain there , right now it's just a little sharp that comes and goes. Sometimes it burns and gets tight. But it gets worse at night and I can't sleep.. I haven't gone to a doctor or had any tests. Don't take anything.

Can you send a picture?

Here is the picture

Please wait.
I am writing the answer.

Thank you for the input.
I am very sorry for your symptoms.
The picture looks like shingles.
Shingles can cause much pain.
I would advise to take an examination by doctor without delay.
Early start of antivirals would hasten recovery.
Acyclovir can be prescribed.
You can take Motrin for pain, meanwhile..
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards.