Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I was diagnosed with CLL 2011. My lymph gland in the neck…

Customer Question
I was diagnosed with...

I was diagnosed with CLL 2011. My lymph gland in the neck got swollen like a chipmonk, There was no pain, I am now eighty and for the past 10 days I thought I was having a really bad migraine (always on the left side) I could move my neck without a lot of pain. Went to Emerg and eliminated migraine but my BC was 88 so they game me 3 #3Tylenol and a shot on Predisone. I can tolerate pain if I understand the mechicals ot it, how bad is the pain causede by cancer?

Doctor's Assistant: Are you keeping a personal medical record while dealing with this?

YES

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Nuary 2018 I was again in ER because I could breathe, thought it was my asthma had edmas and ?congestive heart got referred to a cardiologist

Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: Medical
5/28/2018
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 24 days ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I am sorry you have CLL or chronic lymphocytic leukemia.

this can cause rise of your WBC white blood cell count up to 88,000 which is very high.

this high level can prevent your other cells like your red cells and platelets from functioning properly

you should ask for a short course of palliative radiation therapy by a radiation doctor in canada to help shrink those enlarged lymph nodes in your neck which can help decrease the discomfort from the enlarged lymph nodes

CLL by itself may not cause pain per say

sometimes it can cause poor circulation because of so many white blood cells that you could have less oxygen carrying red cells which can cause more fatigue and aches in your muscles.

you should be seeing a hematology oncology doctor for evaluation

and you may be able to get some treatment, even at age 80

let me know fi you have questions.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
My other swollen glands caused no pain and actually reduced in size. Researching re CLL I found .01 Orientals, I guess I am special. Thank you for the information.

this is a rare CLL cancer in people from Asia

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 Stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down see the ratings area)
You can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com