Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I was stung by a bee 16 hours ago & my hand is severely

Customer Question
I was stung by...

I was stung by a bee 16 hours ago & my hand is severely swollen. I applied ice w/apple cider vinegar on and off but the swelling has increased. Will applying heat help?

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? In general, how would you describe your health lately?

The ice seems not to help. My health is ok.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not that I can think of.

Submitted: 28 days ago.Category: Medical
5/28/2018
Doctor: Dr.Anil, Doctor replied 28 days ago
Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board-certified consultant with over 30 years of experience. I’m reviewing your question and reply you soon.

Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

What is your age?

Have you taken any medications for pain and swelling so far?

Is the area warm, tender to touch?

Itching?

Any other medical history?

Waiting for your response.
Thanks

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
79- no medication-area is warm- itching yes- no
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I sent my response. What remedy do you suggest?
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Now what is your response?

Please allow me just a few minutes.
I’ll reply you back soon.
Thanks for your cooperation and patience.

Sorry for late reply and inconvenience.

Thanks for all these additional information.

I understand your concern.

Well as you describe, I would recommend taking Over the counter Ibuprofen ( Motrin) 600mg 6-8 hourly, Allegra in the morning and Benadryl at night for pain, swelling, and itching.

Also, apply OTC 1% hydrocortisone cream mixed with bacitracin ointment twice a day.

Yes, you can apply warm compresses on the affected area gently.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s requested to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks.

It’s my privilege to help you if you have any further query regarding your this health issue.
May I help you further?
Waiting for your response.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I have taken the 600mg ibuprofen and am applying the warm compress to my hand as stated from the beginning. I cannot give you a rating until I see if this has helped me. Perhaps in a few hours I will be able to send you a rating. Please contact me in 4 hours.

You can take your time.

I wish for your good health.

Kind Regards
Dr.Anil

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I have paid the $5 requested. Please cancel any further communication.
Doctor: Dr.Anil, Doctor replied 27 days ago

I will send your request to customer care department.

I wish for your good health.

Kind regards.