Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have been burping for the last 3 months, after meal or a…

Customer Question
I have been burping...

I have been burping for the last 3 months, after meal or a drink, now I'm nauseated and have a fever with diarhea as well as burping

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had a fever? Do you have any respiratory symptoms?

Yes, short of breath as well

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I take clonazepam when needed, .25ml

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Medical
5/28/2018
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 2 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

burping can be due to excessive stomach acid production causing gas

you may benefit from a stomach acid reducer like zantac or prilosec to help decrease stomach acid.

which could help your nausea and burping.

these are over the counter stomach acid reducers.

i have some pollips on my gallblader as well and upper right just below rib cage is feeling funny, i had a steak for dinner, it feels food is not digesting, I am still short of breath
There is some reflux coming up, but its not stomach acid, it is not bitter and some discomfort between shoulder blades but it is not pain, more like spasm

it sounds like you are having spasms of your esophagus

any acid coming up from your stomach can cause spasms of your esophagus

medications like zantac and prilosec can help decrease stomach acid.

you may need to change your diet, eat eggs, fruits, chicken, fish, vegetables and cut out gluten and white flour, sugar, alcohol, sodas to help improve your health and body shape