Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a77 year old mom .she looked week and said she had a…

Customer Question
I have a77 year...

I have a77 year old mom .she looked week and said she had a head ache and a bit of an upset stomach. Checked her glucose and it was 282 she said she didnt take her medicine because of her upset stomach. Gave it to her now going to take it again in about 30min. If it hasn't gone down what should I do. Take to ER

Doctor's Assistant: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?

Not daily but has been getting it more after then before but she says its pressure in the front of her head thought it was sinus. No nausea.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

High blood pressure but took it it's normal. 131 /70.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Medical
5/28/2018
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 2 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer or further information request.

Her symptoms are suggestive of intestinal infection. She may need a course of antibiotics like Metrogyl. The initial management is as following;

1) Pepto Bismol

2) Lomotil; may only be given if the diarrhea is vigorous.

3) Gatorade / Pedialyte

4) Plenty of fluids

5) BRAT diet; banana, rice, applesauce, toast. Vegetable broths/vegetable soups, coconut water also can help.

6) Probiotics

7) A tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water twice a day.

The primary aim is the prevention of dehydration and electrolyte imbalance. If the diarrhea loss of fluids is too much or she is unable to drink enough liquids, due to nausea or vomiting; she may need antibiotics and/or intravenous fluids. In that case, you may need to go to ER.

Her high blood sugar and inability to take medicines also is an indication to go to ER.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Thats not what I need to know. . I'm talking her sugar. Never mind I'll just take her to a doctor. Hope only charges 5 not 29 because this was not worth it.
Mo better not charged for it.

Her Blood sugar is not too high. But may rise if she does not take medicines.

Management is always comprehensive, never an isolated parameter like blood sugar.

It is privilege assisting you.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5-star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Stay blessed.