Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I want information about hives. I'm not the person I'm

Customer Question
I want information about...

I want information about hives.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

No, I'm not the person I'm concerned about. My grandson has an itchy rash and I wondered if it might be hives.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?

He stayed overnight at my house last night. That was the first I had seen it.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

The rash looks blotchy and is on his arms and stomach. He's 7 years old and is quite an anxious little boy.

Submitted: 28 days ago.Category: Medical
5/27/2018
Doctor: Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor replied 28 days ago

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

Could you please post a photo of that for me on this page?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Sorry, I have no photo. It was red, blotchy areas, 2 or 3 on one arm, and another on his stomach. He was itching his arm at bedtime when he was almost falling asleep.
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I don't want a call. I just wanted general information about hives or other rashes, so I might have an idea if he needs to be seen locally.
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
are you going to respond any further to me?

The phone call offer wasn't from me and you don't have to accept it

It definitely sounds like hives though

For now you can give him children's benadryl and use topical caladryl lotion for this

It should clear in a day or two